Wednesday, December 10, 2008

16 weeks, 4 days




I think I'm finally starting to get a belly! I hope this photo isn't inappropriate for mixed company; after I put it up I realized I feel sort of self-conscious about it...I promise I'll put on more clothes for the next one! So, I had my 3rd doctors appointment on Friday. Josh came with and we listened to the heart beat again. Once again it was a big relief. I've also gained 5 pounds. All the pigging out must be paying off! I'm very grateful to say I'm really enjoying being pregnant. I really haven't had any unpleasant symptoms to speak of. Even the zits went away!

Winter's in full swing up here and it's a little depressing to know that I can't snowboard. Wouldn't that be a bummer if it ends up being a huge snow year up here and I can't even enjoy it! I am planning on cross-country skiing a lot though. Josh still has to tune up the skis, but I think we're going to go this weekend. Other than that, I've been doing the usual 45-minute dog walk pretty much every night.
I don't have much else to say, but here's an image I took from babycenter.com that shows what the baby looks like right now. It's the size of an avocado. Yum! I love all the anatomical labels.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Congrats Linsday! I am so happy for you! Being a mom is truly the best gift ever, you'll absolutley love it! I am glad that you started a blog too so I can follow along with you on this amazing journey. I am sorry but I had to laugh at your belly pic that you put up, you are still so tiny. That's how I was with Rylee at the beginning but this time I've popped a lot sooner. I haven't put up any belly pics yet but I look a lot bigger than you. It is fun to watch your belly grow though and know how much your baby is growing. Well, enjoy each and every milestone. Surprisingly, the 9 months actually goes by pretty quick. Take care and say hi to your family for me.