Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Few Random Photos..

I have a whole bunch of pictures from our camping trip a couple weeks ago, but in trying to stay in chronological order, I really need to post these pics from Relay for Life first, along with a couple others. I am trying not to get behind on this blog!

So yeah, I'm pretty involved with "Relay" through work. The Aspirus Keweenaw team pretty much kicks every other team's butt. This year we raised over $13,000. Our employees get pretty into it too, which is I guess why I end up so involved as an HR person.

Two of my coworkers have daughters about Willow's age, and the three girls had a blast at Relay. For some reason the ice from a cooler was the best part. Here's Willow, Amelia (daughter of DaveO), and Cameron (daughter of Jess). They were so cute together!















Here's Willow riding the horsey (long story why we had a horsey there)















OK, and here are just a couple recent photos of Willow, both showing big girl stuff. First, pigtails! I pretty much just did this to see if I could; she doesn't wear them regularly. We have put in a ponytail a few times though. Her hair gets so fuzzy, sometimes a ponytail is necessary or it sort of gets like a little 'fro. Seriously! I think she must've got it from Josh; I had really fine hair when I was little.















And another potty photo. I can't resist. I can't say we've made much progess. Willow will go pee on the potty at least once a day, sometimes three or four times. But it's always incidental, I think. We (or Linda, usually) will put her on the potty, and she'll sit there, read, sing, play, and when we come back 15 minutes later, she has peed (or pooped, a couple times). But she has never once told us that she had to go to the potty. That seems to be the missing link. Well, hopefully it will come soon.




















Early On came on Thursday, and the lady was very impressed with Willow's development. She said we don't need Early On anymore. Hooray! Of all of the items on the 27-month questionnaire, the ones she didn't ace were mostly in the gross motor skills category. She can't jump yet, and she can't walk up stairs by herself. I think the stairs thing is just because she's so small. Not sure what's up with the jumping, but overall she did great. Her language is really good. Actually, I swear her vocabulary has doubled just in the last 2 weeks. She will pretty much repeat everything you say now. (Which can be dangerous - she picked up "oh, crap!" somewhere...)

Have a great July weekend everyone!

1 comment:

sharon + andy said...

Great post Linds. LOVELOVELOVE the potty pic. That is too cute. Awesome on her report card! :-)