Saturday, February 25, 2012

Three

I am finally sitting down to do the birthday post. Willow turned three last Sunday. We had a really fun birthday weekend. Saturday morning, we had a "brunch party". Six of Willow's friends came over for some brunch food and cupcakes. I didn't have any organized games or anything. I decided they are still too young for that. So it was just eating and playing. Good times.

I decorated with a lot of balloons. Here's one idea I saw online:
















The kids had fun with all those balloons. Here's Willow, Cat and Lewis doing a balloon dance:
















All the kids sat around this table for brunch. Willow got shy when we sang and wouldn't blow out the candles on her cupcake, so I had to do it for her.
















She had a good time opening her gifts, but for some reason she wouldn't say thank you. I think she got shy because so many people were watching. Here she is with Lewis playing with her new Magna-Doodle.

















After the party was over, just the three of us went sledding at the Nara sled hill. (Did I mention Willow has given up napping??) Josh and I had never been there before. Wow, it was really fun! It was really fast. The first time I went down with Willow, I thought, "Oh, no. She's going to be crying when we get to the bottom". But she was laughing and said "Do it again!". So we did, again and again. Then we went for a walk on the Nara trails with Scout. We didn't have the camera.

Sunday, on Willow's actual birthday, we went out to McLain's park with Seth and Beth and Amanda. It was a beautiful sunny day. We took a hike along the shore and played on the iceburgs. Good times. Again I didn't have the camera. Sorry.

Then for dinner that night we went over to my parents'. Grandma had another cake for Willow. This video is pretty hilarious. One of my favorite parts is the furiously wagging tail near the end of the video. Seems like Scout or some part of her is very often in the background of Willow pictures.










Here are some other photos from that weekend.

Willow got both a Magna-Doodle and an Aqua-Doodle for gifts. She's moved beyond scribbles when she draws and is now into making "happy faces". Usually they actually look sad or mad, but I love them - I want to get a shirt with a Willow happy face on it.
















After we took down all the decorations, Josh put all the balloons in Willow's room. Here she is playing in them:
















This was taken on her birthday.



















It's great to be 3!!

















I'm so behind on this blog...there are other events I have skipped. Josh and Willow went to Minnesota the week before her birthday. The kitchen remodel is finished. And I have updates on Willow's tummy issues. But I guess that will have to wait for next weekend!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Awww... great post! We miss Willow and need to see her soon. I did the same thing with balloons for Ava's party. Pinterest rocks, doesn't it? I can't believe you have a 3 year old already, Linds... crazy.

sharon + andy said...

Hahaha - that video is soooo funny!

Elizabeth said...

hApPy BiRtHdAy WiLlOw!!! 3 balloons - one for each year!
Love Liz & Cam

-----------------------------------
---------********------------------
-------************------********--
------**************---************
------**************--*************
-------************---*************
---------********------************
------------***----------********--
-------------*-------------****----
------------*-----*****-----**-----
------------*---*********----*-----
-------------*--*********----*-----
-------------*---*******-----*-----
------------*-----*****-----*------
------------*-------**------*------
-------------*------*-------*------
-------------*-----*---------*-----
------------*-------*--------*-----
------------*------*---------*-----
-------------*------*-------*------
-------------*-----*--------*------
------------*-------*-------*------
------------*------*---------*-----
-------------*------*--------*-----
-------------*-----*---------*-----

Ryan Schaefer said...

That video is priceless...good work Willow!