Sunday, January 17, 2010

Grandma and Grandpa Jenson



















It took me so long to post, the Jenson's visit was 2 weeks ago already. I still want to post a few photos from it, though. Grandma and Grandpa Jenson, Auntie Janna, and Josh's cousin Joe came up for a few days. Josh, Joe and I went up to Mount Bohemia. The conditions weren't great, but considering it was my first time riding since two winters ago, I was excited! The new boots worked great: it was only about 5 degrees that day, and my feet stayed warm. Grandma and Grandpa and Janna babysat. We practically had to beg them to do it but they finally agreed. ;)

Josh, Joe, Janna, Jack and I also got out snowshoeing while they were here, which was fun. After not really getting outside at all last winter, I think I appreciate getting out in the snow more than I used to! This weekend it was 40 degrees (!), and we brought Willow out cross country skiing again. It was really fun. We tried her on Josh's back instead of front for the first time. She must've liked it because she slept through most of the excursion.

On the Jenson's last night here, my parents came over for dinner. Here's a shot of Willow with her two grandpas:



















Here she is with auntie Janna:
























Somehow we didn't get any decent pictures of Willow with Grandma Jenson. We're bad about pictures when it matters, it seems.

Willow still isn't all that excited about eating baby food. So far we've had the most luck with sweet potatoes mixed with breast milk. We tried to give her an apple/pear puree which was really good (I tasted it). I thought it'd be a hit, but instead she gagged down 3 bites and then puked. I guess it'll come in time- we won't rush her. We did give her a teething biscuit today, which she seemed to like. We watched her closely since it's by far the most solid thing she's tried.
























Willow's "vocabulary" is increasing; she now also says ba-ba and wa-wa and ba-wa. Still no dada. I don't know if she knows what she's saying when she says mama, but it sure seems like it. She often says it when she sees me.

Willow and mama:
























Here's Willow napping in the babyhawk while Josh makes bagels:



















And a few more random pictures.






2 comments:

sharon + andy said...

Great photos!

Lisa D. said...

Linds,Josh, and Willow,

I loved all the new photos! So glad you were able to get out and enjoy some outdoor fun. I need to get the scoop on snow shoes....a friend of mine and I want to give it a whirl. There are some great paths through the woods right by here and I would love to check it out. Abby and I have "tromped" through some of it but it is tough going for me. She floats right over the top and I sink up to my butt...mmmmm....I don't get it!!! :) Hugs to Willow...

Love Auntie Lisa

(Can't do the Great-Aunt thing...that may throw me into a midlife crisis....yikes am I that old!!!)