Thursday, April 16, 2009

2 Months Old!!!



Hello,

It's hard to believe, but Willow is already 2 months old today. What a crazy, emotional ride its been. I'm just so happy with how Willow has been doing lately that I've blocked out the bad days we had in the past.

Willow gained an ounce from yesterday, so she's now at 4 lbs. 3 oz. It's great news that she's started gaining weight again. It must mean that her body has adjusted and is able to maintain temperature and grow at the same time.

This morning I got to give Willow her bottle. She did good with it again. I told her that she had to drink more than she did yesterday. She listened to me and took 9 mls. as opposed to the 8 mls. she took yesterday. Not a big increase, but at least we are moving in the right direction. Tomorrow I'll tell her that she needs to increase by atleast 2 mls. and we'll see what she does. It sounds like for now they are just going to bottle feed once per day until she starts doing a little better.

I also got to give Willow her bath today. I guess the novalty of water has warn off, because she was not a happy camper today during the bath. Lets just say the NICU became alot louder for about 5 minutes.
After we got done and dried off she calmed right down and was wide awake for a good 20 minutes. I got a couple good pictures of those big blue eyes.
In the picture she doesn't have any tubes on her face what so ever. They took out her feeding tube before the bath and put a new one in after it. Very cute.

On a sad note my great uncle Tom lost his battle with cancer early this morning. He was a great man and will be sadly missed by his family and friends. I have very fond memories of riding along in the golf cart with my grandfather and him when I was a little boy. I'll be heading down to the Twin Cities in a couple days to attend the funeral. Our thoughts are with everyone who loved him. And as always thanks for your thoughts and prayers for our little girl, Willow.

Take care,

Josh

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Lindsey & Josh
It's about time I let you know I have been keeping up with your baby's progress. So happy to hear the latest good news. God is Good!
Marilyn Nohl

Camhartnell said...

--------------------------------------
------------------------------****----
----------------------------*******---
---------------------------********---
---------------------------********---
----------------------------********--
---------------------------*********--
---------------------------*********--
---------------------------*********--
---------------------------*********--
----------------------------*********-
------*******************************-
----*********************************-
---**********************************-
----*********************************-
--***********************************-
-************************************-
--***********************************-
-----********************************-
----*********************************-
---**********************************-
----*********************************-
-------******************************-
------*******************************-
--------*****************************-
--------------------------------------

Willow gets a big THUMBS UP for her efforts at the bottle. We were sorry to hear of your family's loss with the passing of Uncle Tom. Let us know if something needs to be done on the home front.

Cam & Liz

Ryan Schaefer said...

Willow is so cool! She pretty much does what has to be done, I think I have a new hero....Good work Willow!

Unknown said...

Hi Linds, Josh and Baby Willow. You are so beautiful. I had no idea you guys had a baby. Somehow nobody told me. I am so happy to see that she is growing and thriving. I bet you can't wait until you can take her home. I just wanted to say mazel tov and I still hope to see you guys soon. Maybe this summer I can make it up to the U.P. or we can meet somewhere. I'm going to Jackson next Thursday for a long overdue visit. I can't wait to be back in the Tetons! Now that I know about the blog i'll keep checkin in on baby Willow. Talk to you guys soon! Love, Becky

Chris and Alyssa said...

Wow! 2 months old! Time is flying! We are so glad that little Willow is growing steadily each day and making lots of progress.

All the best,
Chris.Alyssa.Rozzi