It seems like yesterday I was writing this same introduction, that Willow and I are so happy to have Lindsay back in town. The weeks are going by faster, but I still can't wait every Friday for Linds to arrive. She got in this after noon around 2:00 and was able to go over to the NICU and hold Willow for an hour until they kicked her out for nurse shift change at 3:00. Those are the only times during the day we can't be in the NICU. The nurses go around discussing each baby, and for confidentiality reasons they can't have extra ears in there. It doesn't really seem to affect us all that much. They are at 7-8 am, 3-4 pm and 11-12 pm, so the early morning and late night we wouldn't be there anyway.
Lindsay is over at the NICU right now as I'm writing this. I didn't go over as I feel as though I may be coming down with something. It may turn out to be nothing, but I'm not risking it. Plus it gives Lindsay some good time alone with her little girl, so I not stressing too much.
Willow had another great day. She actually lost about an oz. today, so she's at 3 lbs. 14 oz. I'm not worried about a small loss, and I'm still sure she'll hit that 4 lb mark in the next couple of days. They fortified her breastmilk with some more calories today, so that should help her put on that weight. They've got to do these increases in the fortifier slowly so she doesn't have an intolerence, just like when they increased the overall volume. Willow's doctor thought that they could probably move Willow to an open crib now. They decided, however, not to do it yet. They figured it would just make her body work harder to keep her body at 98.6 and that is energy that should be reserved for growing. It's encouraging atleast that they think she's ready for the open bed, and I think they are making the right decision to hold off for now. Her doctors are thinking that she'll be weened off the cannula within the next week or two. They have already come down on the setting quite abit. She's now at 1 liter of pressure, she started at 4 liters, so we are making good progress.
I'll be heading up to Houghton tomorrow. I'm going to hit closing day at Mount Bohemia on Sunday. I havn't even thought about skiing since Lindsay went to the hospital and Willow was born. I decided that Willow was doing great, and Lindsay will be here, so I'm going to get one last day on the slopes for the year. I also have some things to do on Monday, so Judy is coming down Sun. - Tues. to keep an eye on the little one. Hope you all have a great Easter. The post tomorrow will be from Lindsay.
This blog follows the adventures of Lindsay, Josh and Willow Jenson. It started in 2008 as my pregnancy blog, then when our daughter was born 14 weeks early in February 2009 it morphed into a medical blog as she spent her first 105 days in the NICU. Now, thankfully, it's basically a run-of-the-mill new parent blog.